Natural Hair Fatigue!



Is anyone else out there tired of their Natural Hair? I know I certainly am! I have been natural for six and a half years and I am tired of my hair. Actually, let me put it in a different way "tired" is probably not the right word; I need a CHANGE.  Its been the same thing for almost 7 years, I just want my hair to look and feel different.


 I have nothing against being natural it has been a wonderful and sometimes comedic journey. From the days of Clay washes, Henna Treatments, ACV and 4 - 8 hour wash days, endless ritualistic processes to simplifying my natural hair process.  I have grown, coloured, twisted, coiled and defined my Afro. I have achieved hairstyles and health I never knew I could with my natural hair.

On my wish list is Soft, Smooth, Straight Bouncy hair that will literally take me less than 30 minutes to blow dry. I am also kind of done with the Afro look, I just want straight hair and that's it. Sure I can Silk Press my own hair in less than an hour, but then I have to avoid all contact with moisture to keep it straight for 10 days.

So what are my options? Hmmm (rubbing my hands gleefully) being a stylist affords me the opportunity to come into contact with a lot of different products and treatments that can safely transform hair into whatever you want it to be.  I have narrowed my options to 2 and I will discuss these options in detail in my next blog post

I am interested to find out if anyone else is feeling "fatigued" or is in need of a change from their hair? Let me know in the comments below and if you found this article helpful please share it with your friends.



XXX

Isabel


No comments

Back to Top