AIHE Experience

the very last stand I visited was Earth they make products for natural hair they have shampoos, conditioners, oils and gels.....I bought the Earthnic Nourishing Gel with Orange and Geranium their representative said that the gel would be "fantastic for a wash and go" (well you all know me I am crazy about wash and go's)



my prep for my wash and go started the evening before I wanted to try the Dabur Amla Intensive Repair therapy.....the box says that you can use it as a pre-wash treatment  apparently it treats split ends with it's amino acid complex.....I took a good amount of the cream which smells very nice and I coated my hair from root to tip put on a plastic cap and went to sleep...............this morning I rinsed out the product and my hair didn't feel any different than normal I can safely say this product did nothing for me as a pre-poo.........I co-washed  with Tresemme Naturals conditioner 



I applied the gel from Earth on dripping wet hair......the gel smells quite pleasant and when you apply it on the hair is quite smooth and my hair did feel really "full" as I applied it..... there was some curl definition but it wasn't that amazing this gel made my hair feel soft like it had conditioner in it, the gel is thick and it is not sticky at all however it does leave a residue on hair and I was a bit  worried about  that as I had to come to work..........after an hour I ended up blotting my hair with a towel to get most of the residue out...........




My hair eventually dried and lord the shrinkage...........I don't think I have ever experienced this much shrinkage with a gel before.... it was terrible my hair literally SHRUNK ........

the gel does dry crunchy not as bad as the store bought gel though............it doesn't leave any shine to your hair at all, so my hair looks dull and extremely life- less right now.....there is still a bit of definition to my hair.......but I don't like how my hair turned out at all..........I might try a small amount of gel for a twist out next week to see if I can use it for anything else as it definitely does have hold........but my verdict for wash and go's for 4C hair is definitely a no...... this is not the gel for me............. 


I was quite disappointed with how my hair turned out  after a week of having pretty good hair to having a bad hair day today..............(sad face) I thought I would end the week on a high..............


This concludes the products I bought from the AIHE ............I am very happy that there are a lot of local companies making products for natural and that there is now options available in South Africa and we are not forced to buy expensive imports to style our hair.................I am disappointed that some of the products didn't work on me but 4C hair is quite difficult............. I am happy that I found Nubian Nature cream and I am looking forward to trying some of their other creams and oils........... please go out there and try some of our local products and see if they might work for you......you might surprise yourself and replace some of your expensive imports with a lekker local product!!!!!


Products reviewed this week

Nubian Nature www.nubiannature.co.za



Dabur and Vatika Products 011 492 0872 Vasu Patel 



Xxx 


MzansiFro!!!




****Product photos from Dabur International website 

*****Earth Logo from Earth Website 





No comments

Back to Top