Getting Wiggy with Wigs!!!!!!



wigs wigs and more Wigs........a friend introduced me to Style Diva a few weeks ago......I was unsure what to do to my hair  but I knew one thing for sure that my hair needed a rest from all the styling, so it was either Marley or Boom Shaka braids but I wasn't willing to sit for hours to braid..........so off  I went to Randburg in search of a wig.........the first shop I went into their cheapest wig was R2500 so this was my very polite response  @?!* beep........ (2500 South African Rand for a wig.....sjooo that wig better come with stove or microwave or something) I was not prepared to spend that amount of money on a wig I don't care what it looked like or which human being it  was "harvested" from........so I was directed to Style Diva's at the Northgate Mall

the price range for wigs at Style Diva is from R200 to R4000 depending on what you are looking for they have synthetic human hair to actual HUMAN hair  (yes the Brazilians).  What I was looking for was an affordable, playful and easy to wear wig.......so I opted for synthetic hair......the synthetic hair on these wigs is really soft and the lace front wig I bought  does not require glue or tape.  All of the wigs I bought are synthetic and cannot be styled with any heat, which suits me perfectly........ as I just want to get ready in the morning and pick one and go......the care instructions are very easy to follow and I bought myself a spray to spritz on the wig to keep it shiny........Style Diva has branches all over Mzansi and their website is listed below. The ladies at the Northgate Branch were very friendly and extremely helpful I had so much fun trying on the different wigs with their help I even manged to do a bit of modelling channeling my inner Naomi Campbell and strutting my stuff......

What's Underneath
Before I "wigged" myself I shampooed my hair with Afro Botanics Repairing Shampoo, I did a protein treatment with Afro Botanics Repairing and Strengthening Protein Treatment ....once that was done I moisturized with Nubian Nature's Shea Lavender Moisture Souffle and threaded my hair, I moisturized every other day with Nubian Nature moisturizer on really lazy days (like Wednesdays and Fridays) I just use my spritz ......... I keep it threaded for a a week and then I co-washing with Tresemme Naturals and deep treat with Afro Botanics Deep Penetrating Moisturising Conditioner....... then repeat the process of moisturizing with any of the Nubian Nature's moisturizers ....sometimes its  Carrot Hydrating Custard or Mango Citrus Nourish Creme or Shea Lavender Moisture Souffle I don't have a favorite with Nubian Nature's range I love love them all.......

to be honest I am not BIG on protective styling simply because I LOVE to style my hair but I know that my hair does need a break from all the styling from time to time........ I have been wigging it now for 3 weeks and I can see that my hair is happy......the wigs are great for me as they are also cute and funky



What easy protective styles  or methods do some of you try?


Xxx

MzansiFro!!!

Remember to love your hair always!!!




*Please note that products mentioned except for Afro Botanics were purchased by me.

Wigs  from Style Diva check out their website for branches near you @ www.stylediva.co.za 
Afro Botanics check out their webiste @ www.afro-botanics.com
Nubian Nature check out their website @ www.nubiannature.co.za
Tresemme Naturals purchased @ Dischem 





No comments

Back to Top