Fix it Friday: Edge Tamers


My edges NEVER lay flat like the You Tube Videos? 
Most brands have an edge tamer or edge controller and according to You Tube these products are supposed to lay your edges so flat  your hair looks relaxed. However, this has never been the case for me and I have bought and tried them ALL and none of them seemed to work.

Only recently did I actually figure out how to use these products.

What you will need (ingredients) 
Brush with bristles or sturdy tooth-brush
Scarf/doek
Cook/Bake for 30 -45 minutes


Method 
1. Take a pea size amount of product and lightly  rub it on to your fingers
2. Place product on to your edges and gently work it into your hair
3. Smooth the product on to your hair using your brush, make sure that the hair is completely flat.
4. Place your doek/scarf carefully on top of your freshly laid edgers and tie as tight as possible
5. Cook/Bake for at least 30 -45 minutes to make sure that area is completely set


Step 5 is the most important step. You have to let the area set, merely applying the product and brushing does not work at all, the longer you leave the scarf  on the better.
If I am doing a style that requires the edges to be laid flat I always start off by styling my hair,  then I do my makeup this ensures that my edges have ample time to set.

There you have it now you too can have those You Tube Edges 😂 Try it and let me now how it works for you!

Have a fabulous weekend


XXX


Isabel





No comments

Back to Top