Whacky Things You Tube made Me do

I am very inquisitive by nature, I always try things that have my friends or family saying, why did you do that? You Tube is truly a great source of information. I have learnt a lot of things from there. However; there a few things I should have maybe steered clear of. 
Here is my list of Whacky things I have tried from You Tube.





1.       Facial Hair Remover to shape my brows
I really thought I had this one in the bag.  Armed with my Facial Hair remover, I drew the lines and I started.  However, the thioglycolate in the hair remover irritated my skin, my brow bone area was swollen for a day I looked surprised as my husband put it politely. Not all the hair was removed so I looked worse than before; to top it off I got tiny little bumps in my brow bone area that bruised and took a couple of days to heal.  

2.       Sugaring my legs with DIY Sugaring Wax
All the videos and google research pointed to the fact that if you use sugaring as way of removing unwanted hair it would be virtually painless and eventually the hair would stop growing.  Armed with the ingredients I made my wax. Firstly, it wasn’t as easy as the videos made it out to be, I had to redo my solution over 10 times. Now for one of the most painful processes I have ever experienced. I started waxing, I only managed to do one shin, the pain was worse than a normal wax.  CAUTION sugar at very high temperatures will cause severe burns.



3.       Whitening my teeth using lemon Juice and Baking soda
Dazzling white teeth without the price tag. All I had to do was squeeze some lemon juice mix it with baking soda rub it on my teeth at least once every two weeks and I could I have white nashers. Firstly, the mixture made me gag a few times then came the pain. The mixture sensitized my teeth. I became sensitive to hot and cold and ended up having to buy an expensive toothpaste to brush my teeth.

4.       Grow your lashes with Castor Oil
Most castor oil available at retail stores contains SALT. For my mixture, I added Vitamin E oil and Jojoba to “condition” my lashes.  As soon as that oil hit my eyes they started to burn. I persevered thinking that this is what is supposed to happen my lashes are growing after 20 minutes of tears streaming down my eyes I washed it off. My eyes were a bit swollen and took a night to recover.

5.       DIY Blackhead Peel off Mask
It was all the rage on Instagram. I needed to have this mask to remove those pesky blackheads especially on my nose area. I of course picked the video with the Gelatine (more power). I mixed my gelatine added the finely ground Charcoal, once cool I applied it on the areas of concern. I let the gelatine completely dry on my face, now to peel it off.  Okay pain, pain more pain, it must be working continue trying to peel off the gelatine. My hubby stepped in and said I am not paying for a dermatologist. Wash off Gelatine.


What have you tried from after watching a video from You Tube? Please share your experiences in the comments below.


XXX


Isabel 

No comments

Back to Top